Re: Weber downdrafts on TR6

To: "Rob Pennington" <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber downdrafts on TR6
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:20:43 -0500
Rob:
I have the same setup in my '74. Realizing that the '74 was a vacuum retard
only, I plugged the vacuum line on the carb. I removed the line and capped
off the distributor end. The runs great w/o the vacuum retard.
One word of warning on Weber downdraft set up- The PCV system!
The PO that I got the car from installed the webbers and had NO PCV system
at all. The result was the engine would push a quart of oil out the filler
cap every 200 miles!
With a lot of help form the list,  I rigged one up using a '69 TR6 PCV valve
and hose. Several trips to the hardware and auto parts stores yielded all
the hose barbs and elbows needed to hook it up.
A few short trips around town seem to indicate an improvement, but a longer
trip will have to wait for warm weather and snow free roads.
I can send a picture of what I did, if you'd like.

Paul