Re: Weber downdrafts on TR6

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Weber downdrafts on TR6
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:39:14 -0800
Cc: "Rob Pennington" <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  On the setup that I have received, each of the air
filters boxes has small pipe welded into it so that the fumes from the
valve cover will be sucked into the intake just downstream from the air
filter.  I think that this is probably going to work pretty well (crossing
my fingers).  Would you mind sending me a photo?  That would be
great!  These came with a manifold that looks exactly like the one that is
stock on the 74.  In fact, the carbs and manifold that I have now on the
car are from a '72.

How does your car run with these carbs?  Any difference in performance or
mileage or anything else?  I rebuilt the engine about 2 years ago with +20
pistons, triple angle valve job and an S2 cam, so it is a little different
from stock and I have headers to go onto it, probably after I get the carbs
set up and running correctly.

Rob