RE: Transmission Mount 70 TR6. . . from under or from inside

To: "Scott Tilton" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Transmission Mount 70 TR6. . . from under or from inside
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 06:14:18 -0600
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Scott, I think your going to have to remove the transmission tunnel to get
to it.  I just finished putting my transmission back in my 71 TR6.  I think
the location of the bolts will make it very difficult to get at from under
the car.  I may be wrong though.  I'd recommend getting under the car and
see if you can reach them enough to turn the bolts.  There are 2 large bolts
that secure the gearbox to the mount, and I think 4 bolts that secure the
mount to the cross frame.  From the top they are very easy to get at, just a
PITA to tear the whole interior out.

Good Luck,

Ken Waringa

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]