RE: TR4 fan / Our Technical minds need to know!

To: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>, <CarlSereda@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 fan / Our Technical minds need to know!
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:46:33 -0500 . md.us>
Sherman,

I like this thread... lots of good information.  But you
incorrectly have me signed up for an electric fan conversion.  I
really don't want to go that route.  That solution is always
available... but the electric fan noise puts me off...  Fine for
a racer.

My ultimate goal would be to find a light weight plastic fan with
a viscous hub like modern cars use today.  The viscous hub will
only support so much force and "slip" as the revs go up.
Therefore you are only powering the fan up to say 2000 RPM.
Someone suggest a fan unit from a Volvo 440.  Does any on know
the years this was produced and what the car looked like?

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]