Forwarded Message

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded Message
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 02:27:47 -0700 (MST)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Daniel L Parrott" <parrotthead01@home.com>
     Subject: Valance Panel Connections
     Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:27:53 -0500

Ladies and Gentlemen,   I am nearing the completion of my 1980 Spit that I
bought in 1999 from Paul Tiegler.  It's been a great little car!  However, I
wanted to add some Engine Valance Panels to protect the engine from road
wash and spray from the wheels and to finish out the appearance of the
engine bay.   I purchased a panel set from VB, and was sorely disappointed
in the flimsy plastic panels with no instructions (for $130.00!!!).  I
returned the panels to VB for a full refund (but not before I had traced
their pattern onto some Masonite).

I have now two panels cut out of 3/16 inch aluminum, for which I will apply
a "turned" finish this weekend.  However, here's my question.  How is the
panel supposed to be attached to the front of the car on the right (carb)
side?  The VB kit included some black nylon ties, but I can't believe that
this is all it takes.  On the left side, I am missing a small piece of metal
between the valance panel and the radiator for which I will fabricate a
replacement.

Remember, I have the forward leaning radiator, and have the two carbon
canisters on the right side of the radiator.  Any information or photos
would be helpful.

Dan Parrott