Re: Problems

To: toad@storm.ca, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Problems
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:02:18 FILETIME=[93F46FE0:01C095C5]
If you have a radiator similar to the TR3, It may be leaking where the
extension joins the upper tank. It's a common sight for fatigue. Coolant
might also be leaking around the lower seam for the upper tank. The only way
to check it out would be at a radiator shop. There, they will seal your rad,
pump air into it and imerse it in water to see where the bubbles are coming
from.

FWIW I would pull the rad and proceed as above... You will save yourself no
end of agravation by having a professional fix it.

>I have a problem and would like to ask for help.
>
>Our '59 Plus 4 Morgan is TR3 powered.  There is a coolant leak and I can
>NOT find the source of the leak.  After a run (either short or long
>duration) coolant is evident under the upper radiator tank extension
>that houses the filler cap.
>
>The radiator with cap in place has been pressure tested and does not
>leak.
>
>Rad hoses have been replaced and at connection points are dry.
>
>Thermostat housing joint is not weeping or leaking.
>
>Where is the coolant coming from.
>Any ideas.
>Comments please.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)