Re: Problems

To: toad <toad@storm.ca>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problems
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:32:26 -0700
toad wrote:

> Our '59 Plus 4 Morgan is TR3 powered.  There is a coolant leak and I can
> NOT find the source of the leak.  After a run (either short or long
> duration) coolant is evident under the upper radiator tank extension
> that houses the filler cap.

D'oh! The vibrations from the long neck of the TR3 radiator can cause
the neck (extension) to develop leaks at the base. I've met other owners
of early TR4s (with the TR3 radiator too) who shortened the neck -- one
back in '65. My radiator leaks there now, and I'll likely shorten the neck
when I have it repaired. I used JB Weld for a temporary, imperfect repair.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO