Re: Problems

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problems
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:31:01 -0700
toad wrote:

> Our '59 Plus 4 Morgan is TR3 powered.  There is a coolant leak and I can
> NOT find the source of the leak.  After a run (either short or long
> duration) coolant is evident under the upper radiator tank extension
> that houses the filler cap.

You may find that there is a small hairline crack where the extension connects
the rad.  It may only leak when the vibration of running flexes the works.  I
have this problem on mine... was finally able to pin it down to this by wrapping
a brown paper towel around the joint to show even the slightest leak.

I have "repaired" it with a bit of clear epoxy smeared over the area... not the
best solution but seems to be holding until the day a leak comes along that
warrants pulling the whole radiator.

Good luck.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A