And it's .... another Triumph!

To: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Subject: And it's .... another Triumph!
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:39:16 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Raymond Hatfield
>This weekend my wife and I made a 1200 mile round trip to look at a car
that
>she was interested in.  After a lot of poking and prodding ... not to
mention
>haggling with the owner, we parted with our tax refund and made the return
>trip.
>
>What was my wife's dream car, you ask? She is now the very proud owner of
>1973 Mallard Blue Triumph Stag! It has power steering, power brakes, power
>windows, alloy wheels and both tops. I have a pic (courtesy of the previos
>owner) that will soon go on my website, but trust me - this car is
beautiful!

<snip>

>Purists may be a bit offended by the fact that it has a GM V6 instead of
the
>original engine, <snip>

Ray,

The stag was by all accounts a wonderful car - except for the problematic
engine.  When it ran it was wonderful but that was a bit to infrequent for
the average American driver and hence it was a marketing failure.  In
hindsight it would have made sense to swap in the Rover engine but BL
decided not to.  This car with a different motor would have been a hit, I
think.

And that is exactly what you have.  Congratulations.  Enjoy the car.

BTW there is a Stag list if you are interested.

Dave