Re: And it's .... another Triumph!

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: And it's .... another Triumph!
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:51:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
--- David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com> wrote:

> Ray,
>
> The stag was by all accounts a wonderful car - except for the problematic
> engine.  When it ran it was wonderful but that was a bit to infrequent for
> the average American driver and hence it was a marketing failure.  In
> hindsight it would have made sense to swap in the Rover engine but BL
> decided not to.  This car with a different motor would have been a hit, I
> think.

And I couldn't agree more ... when my wife got bitten by the Triumph bug I was
(of course) more than happy to support the addiction, but wanted something that
could be ultra-reliable for her, since she isn't a mechanic (but is my best
helper on the TR4A!)

> And that is exactly what you have.  Congratulations.  Enjoy the car.

I am, and more importantly my wife is! (she's STILL 4 feet off the floor!)

> BTW there is a Stag list if you are interested.

Thanks for letting me know ... I'll have to sign up for it (oh joy, more
email!)

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned