RE: Spitfire & Rotoflex

To: "'TR250Driver@aol.com'" <TR250Driver@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spitfire & Rotoflex
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:26:15 -0000

Hi Darrell,
        The Rotoflex setup was not designed to use the swing spring, indeed
later GT6s used the swing spring INSTEAD of the Rotoflex, never in
combination. I would recommend you use the correct spring for the Rotoflex
setup, or go for a pure swing spring installation. I don't know what the net
result of your combination of parts would be in terms of handling, but I
suspect it will not be favourable.
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
 | |                  | |   1961 Herald 1200 Coupe
 |_|                  |_|   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at: