Using a swing spring with rotoflex couplings

To: TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Using a swing spring with rotoflex couplings
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:34:39 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You can use the Swing spring with the GT6 rotoflex setup (the competition
manual even recommends this)  I have one in mine and It works great.  The
caveat as you have noticed, is that it need's to be modified, something not
mentioned in the manual.  What I did was remove the bolt and sleeve on the
shackle, and carefully bend the shackle ends to capture the leaves, while
still allowing them to slide.  It was easy to do, and provides the
clearance needed for the rotoflex setup.  If you don't modify them in this
manner you will, on very hard bumps, hit the shackles -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)