Re: TR6 Trunk Lock

To: Robert.Dobrowski@JSF.Boeing.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Trunk Lock
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:59:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
OK, first, are you sure that somehow the trunk is not locked? (I know
this is basic, but don't overlook the obvious ).

If it is not locked, then have someone apply downward pressure on the
trunk while you attempt to depress the button.  If hand pressure does not
work, while the downward pressure is applied, hit the button with a
rubber mallet. Don't hit the bodywork! This should cause the lock to pop.
If not, you can always drill the lock and insert a screwdriver and pop it
open that way.

Good Luck

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida
'73 Stag  *  '66 Herald  *  69 E-Type FHC

)