FW: TR4A tranny

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: TR4A tranny
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:13:11 -0500
Fred, I have a 4 syncro OD in my '3. Actually, the box it replaced was also
from a '4. As you may recall, when I drove yours, it was painfully obvious
that I was NOT used to a 3 syncro! - BTW, I hope that's not why you're
changing the gearbox!  :^)

Anyway, PO had installed the straight lever on the 4 box with no problem. I
just exchanged them when I put in the OD box. Works fine. Can't see any
reason to use the curved lever...plus it'd look weird in a '3.

Change the shift lever and enjoy. You're gonna LOVE rolling up to a stop
sign while already in 1st!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O