Re: breaking TR4 links

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: breaking TR4 links
From: Dave Crane <davesplace@ncol.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:39:50 -0500
Cc: "INTERNET:CarlSereda@aol.com" <CarlSereda@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <pethier@isd.net>
O. K. Gentleman, let me try to make life a little easier.  first
remove shock and link together from the car. loosen nut several turns
but do not remove from link. using large hammer(we use a 3 lb brass)
place end of shock arm on solid surface and strike firmly. the taper
will push the pin loose.  This also works well with tie rod ends even
on the car as long as your aim is good. you just need to back up the
steering arm with something solid( we us 2 3lb hammers for this).
This also does not tear up the tie rod boots like a pickel fork does.

Hope this helps!!

Dave

[This message delayed, as it was sent by someone who has their mailer set to
automatically include the entire message to which they reply.  mjb.]