3a coil spring packing material

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a coil spring packing material
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:08:23 -0500 (EST)
My front coils include the aluminum spacer, thus I need a total of 6 "packing
pieces".
These can be had in either rubber or urethane for almost the same price, so I'm
asking you listers for pros and cons of each before ordering.
I do not live in a hot climate, and I will not drive the car in the winter, so
I think rubber would likely survive. I do like the idea of the stiffer
urethane, but wonder if the top or bottom of the spring might wear through it
over time, whereas the rubber might just compress a bit instead.
My long term goal is to do some "spirited" driving - not racing, but back road
stuff.
TIA,