Kill switch with Crane ignition

To: "INTERNET:pbrzozoski@netscape.net" <pbrzozoski@netscape.net>
Subject: Kill switch with Crane ignition
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:31:42 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:pbrzozoski@netscape.net
>I recently posted a question about using a kill switch with the Crane
XR700 electronic ignition on my TR6.  The kill method I was planning was to
ground the negative side of a coil (which worked fine when I had points).
The general consensus was that it should be OK, but no one had tried it and
we couldn't be positive without schematics of the XR700 module.

I called Crane Cam tech support to get their position on the subject.
The Crane representive's response was that it is not recommended.  He did
not state that the module would smoke or flame.  He did state that removing
power from the module would be a safer method to use.
<

Phil,

Thanks for going the extra mile and calling Crane.  I will save this little
factoid for future reference.  Crane ought to put such verbage in their
installation instructions (probably ARE there but who reads them anyway?)
;-)

Dave