Re: eBays Slow Redqueen

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBays Slow Redqueen
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:29:48 -0600
Carl:

Yes, I understand. But, like Joe, I have been waiting and waiting for my
parts. It's 4 months now. I have contacted him by e-mail but all I ended
up with were promises. I have put negative feedback on eBay because of
this no-show. For me, it's very long distance and a different time zone
so phoning is a last resort - which I'm coming to.

No matter what his problems were last Fall, he has yet to get caught up.
Until he does, I'm afraid that I can't recommend him as a supplier.

Dave Q.
TS 81140 L
TS 63307 LO

> From Carl Sereda:
> Joe, I don't know how long you have waited for Redqueen but I successfully
>bought  a TR4 NOS Voltage Regulator and a NOS overdrive switch from them last
>year. Got a good price but it took a long time to recieve the parts and I
>notice in their disclaimer now they say it takes a long time to deliver (I was
>anxious as anyone would be even though my car won't run for couple more
>years).His is a husband and wife business. His brother was also in the
>business which they started at least 15 years ago but he suddenly died 6
>months ago (from spraying RAID to kill ants and then taking a nap in the same
>room - he was only in his mid 30s). There was a sad lull in his business
>shortly afterwards but now John has thrown himself 'head on' into aquiring and
>selling even more British parts and his eBay listings have doubled the
>workload I imagine. Hope you can give him and his wife and grammar school
>daughter a little more time to deliver. He's a good guy and brings alot of
>good parts to mar!
ket.<

>> Joe Worsley:
>> Hi folks, Just though I would warn you about a vendor on E-Bay that goes by
>the user name "redqueen3".  They have a poor record as shown by the better
>business bureau and also E-Bay as I now find out.  They are located at 734
>West Gardena Blvd, Gardena, Ca.  their phone number is 310-769-4971. So if
>anyone is in that area please bug them for me.  I suspect they have caller ID
>and won't answer if they see a suspect caller. The regularly advertise Triumph
>and MG parts as well as others.  I bid on an item and was not a high bidder
>but was contacted by them about a second one they had.  I sent them a money
>order and that's the last contact I have had with them.  They won't answer
>their phorn or e-mails.  I have filed a complaint with the Los Angeles Better
>Business Bureau, The Federal Trade Commission (which doesn't persue handle
>individual complaints a but will put it in their data base) and have contacted
>the Los Angeles District Attorneys Office - Consumer Protection Office.!
 I think the next step I may take if I don't get any satisfaction is to file a
Small Claims Complaint and if I have to hire someone to represent me.  They'll
have to pay the cost in the end.  I'm rather nasty when it comes to things like
this.<<