Re: Strange button

To: sdaniels@gorge.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange button
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:46:01 EST
In a message dated 2/16/2001 11:17:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sdaniels@gorge.net writes:

> On my '73 TR6, in the trunk^Wboot, on the right hand side of the
> car, on what I guess you would have to call an upper gas^petrol
> tank support, is a little silver color^Hured plunger.  It looks
> like a switch that would operate a light, like when you open one
> of the doors, except that there is nothing in the general
> vicinity that would push on it.  There does seem to be a wire or

Steve,

This should be the switch for the trunk light. There should be a purple/white
wire from it to the trunk light, and there should be a purple wire from the
other side of the trunk light. The purple wire is the power wire, is hot all
the time, and is NOT fused, so make sure it doesn't have a chance to touch
ground!  The trunk hinge pushes on the switch to operate it.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm