Re: Strange button

To: emanteno@attglobal.net, sdaniels@gorge.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange button
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:46:18 EST
In a message dated 2/16/2001 11:21:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
emanteno@attglobal.net writes:

> Actually, I think it is a trunk light, but I think it only comes on when the
> trunk is opened and while lights are on. I bought my car new and it never
> worked so I'm not really sure, but the light in the cardboard trunk finisher

Irv,

Starting with (approximately) the '74 model, the trunk light is wired to come
on only when the parking lights are on and the trunk is open. Prior to '74,
the trunk light came on any time the trunk was open. Instead of a purple wire
to the trunk light, there is a red wire. This wire is hot only when the
parking lights are on, and it IS fused.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm