Strange button

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange button
From: Steve Daniels <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:12:44 -0800
On my '73 TR6, in the trunk^Wboot, on the right hand side of the
car, on what I guess you would have to call an upper gas^petrol
tank support, is a little silver color^Hured plunger.  It looks
like a switch that would operate a light, like when you open one
of the doors, except that there is nothing in the general
vicinity that would push on it.  There does seem to be a wire or
cable running out of the back of it, and it goes behind the tank.

I pushed it in, and nothing happened.  If it's the Fuel Tank
Ejection Button, then this is a good thing.  Maybe it's a James
Bond option that raises and lowers the bulletproof shield, but no
such shield is in evidence.  It may be a pump, which ejects a
small amount of lubricant upon the ground, thus marking
territory, but as I have a dog this is unnecessary.

Were I to part with some small consideration, perhaps someone
could gift me with a clue?

Steve "Maybe it a fridge light" Daniels