Re: Brake Booster leaks vacuum

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <corey.sherman@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Booster leaks vacuum
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:02:08 -0700
Corey,

Here's another option.  Plug the vacuum line that connects to the booster
and drive your car.  My booster started leaking the moment I pulled into the
motel (August , 2000) at VTR2000 in Portland, Oregon.  One of my club
members convinced me that all I'd lost was the boost part and not the
brakes.  I autocrossed it there and drove 1500 miles back to Denver and
still haven't fixed it and now I'm used to driving without it...just like
all the other TRs before it that DIDN'T have a booster.  Not a big deal,
just push the pedal a little harder, you still have the same braking power
(do some leg lifts or squats).  I'll fix it one of these days...but that
doesn't stop me from driving it, just like I did today with it being 25
degrees and a little snow pack on the streets but I needed a fix so I drove
it, and we both agreeed that we'd missed each other.  The hell with a little
rust!!!

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71TR6 CC65446 (Christmas Ornament)