Re: Introduction (off-side/near-side)

To: OC@46thfoot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Introduction (off-side/near-side)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:23:36 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2001 3:40:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
OC@46thFoot.com writes:

> Off-

Michael,

As it was explained to me by an Englishman, "Off-side" is the side of the car
farthest from the curb when the car is parked. This would always be the
drivers side, which would be the "left hand side of the car as it comes
towards you" if you live in a country where they drive on the "left side" of
the road, but in America, it would be the right side. Near-side is, of
course, the side nearest the curb when parked.  But I'm just a hill-billy
from Tennessee, so what do I know. Perhaps Jonmac could set us straight?

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm