Re: Introduction

To: "triumphlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Introduction
From: "Tom Beaver" <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:44:03 -0500
From: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 3:38 PM
Subject: Introduction

.>
> Firstly, is it possible to adjust the fit of the bit of bodywork that
> the front bumper fits onto?   (I'd call it a valance, but what do I
> know?)   I can't find any reference to this in the Haynes manual (not
> even the proper name for it), and the one on my Spit is definitely lop-
> sided - jammed up against the bonnet on the off-side, and an inch-and-a-
> half or more away on the near-side.   The bonnet is fitted correctly in
> relation to the rest of the car.

The front valance on each side of the front are adjustable by the two angle
brackets that attach it to the frame. These are visable when the bonnet is
raised. The brackets have slots which enable movement when loosened. It
sounds to me that you have a bent(crunched down) tube thingie which attaches
the bonnet to the frame given the distance that you are off.

> Secondly, the off-side of the car is a good inch or two lower than the
> near-side, which gives the car a very weird appearance when cornering
> the wrong way (not to mention when parked).   What could have caused
> this?   How do I fix it?   Apparently the car has been like this for at
> least the last seven years...

Probably some type of suspension failure. Rear spring, shocks,etc.

Tom Beaver
Indianapolis
(Having fun in the office. Hoping to start on winter projects by next
winter)