Re: 250 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 250 questions
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:08:29 -0800 (PST)
Brian,

Yes, yes, no, it depends, maybe, yes.

That is ...

The dash lights get dim because the bulbs get tired. Try pulling one out
and replacing it to see if it brightens up. If not, the coil inside
the rheostat is probably corroded. Tedious but easy to fix with a
typewriter eraser.

The seats tend to be a bit reclined ... but the frames might be
broken, too. But the rearward travel of the seat is typically stopped
by hitting the back bench.

No progressive steering here.

Those clunks are probably a bad ujoint or a broken diff mount.

The clutch pedal can't be adjusted as stock, but you can buy parts (from
a TR4A) that will allow you to adjust the slave pushrod. You probably
have a worn clutch lever where the pin attaches the pushrod to the
master cylinder. This can be welded up and redrilled, or you can
get an adjustable pushrod to take up the slack, or both.

In a real Triumph, the far left side is where the passenger sits, so
who cares if they can see? Besides, as far as I can tell, none of the
Triumph designers drove in the rain. I mean .. these were cars built
in one of the dampest places in the world. If they were meant to be
in the rain, wouldn't they seal better?

chris