Re: TR7 BFH#56 -- Why are LBC carbs so complicated?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#56 -- Why are LBC carbs so complicated?
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:47:11 -0800
>Probably a dumb question on my part, but why are SU and Zenith-Stromberg
>carburetors so complicated, compared to something like a Holley or Rochester
>carb?
>
>I'm always amazed at all the separate components that make up the carbs you
>find on LBCs, whereas a Holley four-barrel proabably has less than half the
>moving parts.

I am amazed at the statement that a Holley four barrel is "less"
complicated, I had one on my Landcruiser  450 4bbl, and it was the
most complicated device this side of a Weber!  Don't know about the
Z-Stromberg, but the SU only has three parts that actually move.
        Piston, Choke, Float...
--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily