Re: TR6 Caliper Rebuild

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Caliper Rebuild
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:48:12 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01-02-19 14:39:53 EST, suhring@lancnews.infi.net writes:

<<  The model (16 P or 16 PB) cannot always be taken at
 face value and that in fact he has seen the PB pistons and
 dust cover used in the P model and vice versa.  He indicated
 that the only way to tell which is correct is to measure the
 diameter of the retaining pins for the brake pads. I did this while
 on the phone and sure enough, even though my caliper is a 16 P
 model, it takes the pistons and dust cover indicated for the PB
 model!

 We also took measurements from the pistons removed and they
 match those for the PB model. He said this has happened
 enough over the years that he will only sell them based on
 the measurements and not on the model type.

Scott,

This is very good info.  Thanks!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA