TR3A Rear Shock Absorber

Subject: TR3A Rear Shock Absorber
From: "Mo & Dave MacKay" <m.d.mackay@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:59:49 -0500
In an article in the Summer 1997 issue of the Ragtop (the magazine of the
Toronto Triumph Club),
Don Elliott wrote that he had found a 1/4" drive 12 point deep socket for
9/16" hexagon nuts will do the job.

Apparently these can be hard to find. BTW, 12 points gives the socket a thin
wall (.755" OD for the 12 point versus .808" OD for a 6 point, in Don's
example).

He found a suitable 1/4" drive socket at Sears as Craftsman part # 43599 for
$2.99 US$

Dave MacKay