RE: Valve Seat Recession

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valve Seat Recession
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:04:29 -0800
Again, I just wanted to thank everyone for the responses on this question.
I pulled the head and found the #1 and #2 exhaust valves about worn
completely through the seat. I don't think any of the 4 valves were sealing
properly.

I traced the knocking sound to some severe play in the #2 rod and bearing.
This part may not be pretty...stay tuned.

Now...I just have to find a machine shop in Bakersfield that knows how to
work on something other than NASCAR stockers or tractors...wait a
minute...Hmmm...tractors...Ferguson tractors...tractor motors...Triumph
motors! See, this British car stuff is easy to figure out!

Cheers,

Brad
65 TR4A