more tire advice? (sorry!)

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: more tire advice? (sorry!)
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:57:00 -0330
Hi folks.  I'm so sorry to drag up this thread again, but a new wrench has
just been thrown in my tire-selection gears.

I've found a Canadian supplier of "antique" car tires.  They're at
www.vredirect.com.  They supply a "vredestein" tire in normal sizes and the
older 185/15 etc sizes.  It is 185/15 that TR6s were originally furnished
with, wasn't it?

So my questions:
Have any of you heard of vredestein tires?  Are they any good?
If you had a TR6 would you go with 185/15s or something close to it (eg
205/70/15)?

I'm tempted to stick with the 205/70/15s because they're cheaper (incidently
- this company offers FREE shipping in Canada).  And, no, the older tires
are not redlines.

Thanks for any advice you can provide. And NFI at all except my own $$
expenses.
Frank
73 TR6