more tire advice? (sorry!)

To: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: more tire advice? (sorry!)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:56:24 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Boothroyd, Frank"
>So my questions:
Have any of you heard of vredestein tires?  Are they any good?
If you had a TR6 would you go with 185/15s or something close to it (eg
205/70/15)?
<

Frank,

Vredestein used to be known as good performance tires.  But that was 20
years ago and if these are the same design, other, newer tires can be much
better (tire technology continously improves) or Vredestein may have
repositioned themselves as a low-dough replacement.  I don't know.

I run 205-70's on my TR6 and I trhink they fill out the wheelwell nicely,
give a good enough ride and handle quite well for street tires.  The only
real reason to go with the 185/15's in my book is for originality.

BTW I also have 165/15's radials on my TR3.  I'm not sure radials were
available in 1957 but here they are on my car.  Same for the seatbelts.

Dave