TR6 Clutch Master Cylinder Spring teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f1LH7b416870

Subject: TR6 Clutch Master Cylinder Spring teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f1LH7b416870
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:30:21 -0800
Hi folks.

In 15 years of ownership and with all the troubles I've had in that
time with clutch hydraulics I had never had the classic broken spring
inside the master.  So last night, I was reassembling the internals
of the master cylinder, trying to hook up the piston to that little
plunger-looking thing, which requires that the spring be compressed.
I was having a tough time getting the pin hooked into the little
thimble-shaped part which supports the spring and snaps onto the end
of the piston.  I was struggling with that (I used to be able to do
this all in my sleep
 this is, after all, about the 12th time I've
rebuilt the master cylinder in 15 years) and I was thinking about the
many threads that have appeared on this list about the broken spring.
At about that time, I looked at the spring and wouldn't you know it?
All my repeated compressing and fiddling trying to hook those parts
together pushed it over the top and in the middle of the spring the
coil was badly cracked and split, just short of becoming two parts
entirely.

So now I'm wondering where I get another spring without ordering an
entirely new master cylinder.

Thanks in advance!