RE: OD - A-Type - Sealing Big Brass Cap

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD - A-Type - Sealing Big Brass Cap
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:59:17 -0500
>===== Original Message From "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com> =====
>Permatex Blue Hylomar sealant.
>does not harden. Works great.
>impervious to gas and oil.
>It's king of like thick super thick gooey tooth paste
>A little goes along way on the threads
>of any bolt.

Paul,

Thanks... I used the Blue Hylomar as a dressing for the paper gaskets during
assembly.  I used on the gearbox rebuild in '98 and it worked great.

Irv Korey had a real blast of straight thinking with the recommendation to use
white Teflon pipe thread tape on the cap's big brass threads.  I suppose you
could also use that pipe thread paste the home heating oil guys use on your
fuel tank fittings for the furnace.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com