RE: TR3 Stator Tube question and steering box question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 Stator Tube question and steering box question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:34:14 -0800
Warren :

The gasket works by crushing more at high spots, thereby filling in any low
spots.  The shims are flexible enough to follow the variations in the
surface, so they in effect become part of the gasket, one gasket serves to
seal the entire joint.  The factory parts manual shows the gasket as being
between the shim pack and the cover, but I don't believe it's important.

Sorry, not sure about the stator tube.  The adjustable control head has a
longer tube, which will cover the slot and reinforce the stator tube.  You
may find that the longer slot creates a weak point that will eventually
break without the longer control head tube around it.

Randall
59 TR3A