Re: TR 6, etc. Valve Cover Gasket

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 6, etc. Valve Cover Gasket
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:55:18 -0700
Joe: But you don't want to make the gaskets too good.  Otherwise
nobody will ever buy more than one for each engine!!  :)

Dave: Joe, you forget what clutzes we are out here.

I'm with Dave on this, even though they're *almost* idiot proof, there's
still plenty of room for user error. And I can imagine DNO's (Damn-lucky
New Owners) throwing out those weird looking gaskets to install nice
original-looking cork gaskets.  ;-)  While they're installing shiny new
walnut shift knobs....

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO