TR4A front suspension and frame repair

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A front suspension and frame repair
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:23:38 -0800
The beat goes on...

While removing the oil pan in the TR4A I found the rear A-arm bracket mount
on the right front suspension nearly ripped out of the car! No wonder the
car looked like it had a lot of excess camber.

I would like to know if anyone has had the experience of removing the
suspension brackets and installing the TR6, 2 hole brackets on the frame?
How are the old brackets best removed?

I also found a fairly significant crack in the frame on the left hand side
of the car, just aft of the rear, front suspension mount. The crack is
across the bottom and up the outside of the frame member. Any experience
with a repair in this area?

Please don't use the words 'terminal' or 'cancer' in your replies. I am
already severely depressed.  :(

Brad
65 TR4A