Re: Introduction (off-side/near-side) Not much lbc here!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Introduction (off-side/near-side) Not much lbc here!
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:36:05 +0100
Please dont confuse me with this thread and my dear American
friends please realize that when Napoleon's army was marching
roads only had one lane, or there was even no road available. As
far as I know from european history motor ways were not that
popular around the middle age and around 1800.So to be short and
clear in Europe any Army was marching in the middle of the road
as roads were far too narrow, what they still are, to walk on one
side.  So now with the European Integrated Army, vehicles drive in
the middle and soldiers walk on both sides, British on the left side
and all others on the right side.
Jean