AMERICAN RACING WHEELS TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: AMERICAN RACING WHEELS TR6
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:19:38 EST
Listers,
I picked up a set of A/R wheels at the Carlise Import & Kit Car Nationals
last Spring.
They are 6" wide 15" rims with 4 spokes in natural aluminum and polished
rims.  They have a chromed plastic center cap with a decal that has a red
star , blue star and American Racing in script.  The guy selling them claimed
they were Dealer Optional Rims for the Triumph TR6.  Naturally when he said
that I could not get my money out of my wallet fast enough.  Darn near ripped
my pants!  I had seen them before on one TR6, but I can not find any
reference to them in any of the restoration books.  Do any of you guys know
the history behind these rims.  Were they actually offered by dealers?
Darrell Floyd
71 TR6 CC 64194 L