re:TR4 overdrive: secret agent man

To: "steven@cravetechnology.com" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:TR4 overdrive: secret agent man
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:24:13 -0500
>To refresh my memory, backing up with the O/D engaged = bad. Right?  Just
>thinking about fun projects to do in the driveway this summer. ;-)<

Steven,

Yes, but....  There are switches on the transmission that de-energise the OD
when not in
gears 2,3,4. (or 3,4, or just 4, depending)  So, I bet he had the switch in
whatever position
he preferred since it did not change the OD function.  Your first job is to
pop open the solenoid
access hole under the run and lift the solenoid lever while driving to test the
OD mechanically.

Then flip the switch and listen for the solenoid energizing.  If one works and
the other does not, you know
where to start....

-Tony