CF15486UO LIVES!!!! :-)

Subject: CF15486UO LIVES!!!! :-)
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 20:59:37 -0600
List Friends,

I decided to take advantage of the 55F+ weather here in Kansas today and
make a real push to get my '74 TR6 on the road.  This project started in
September 1993.  It turned into a body-off-frame full rebuild.

I finally completed installation of the fuel line, bled the brakes for the
second time, installed the throttle linkage, lowered it down off the
jackstands.

Today, I finally drove the car.  I took it for a drive around the block in
June 1994 only to have the transmission lock up so I couldn't back it into
the garage.  That is what started this overblown case of shipwright's
disease.  Today's drive was flawless.  My son and I jumped in the car and
drove it around the block several times.....2.7 miles to be exact.  The
seats aren't bolted down yet, and the interior isn't complete, but today it
really didn't matter.  That 2.5L six cylinder was singing.  I was so excited
I forgot to test the overdrive!

I can't wait to finish the details and start racking up some miles this
spring!

Regards,

Chad Jester
'74 TR6 (Like new waiting completion)