The Clutch Dance

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Clutch Dance
From: "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:11:44 -0500
This last summer I spent a lot of time trying to get my clutch to engage
higher on the pedal, but best I could do was about an inch off the floor.  The
clutch operates very nicely, but still engages a little closer to the floor
that I'd like(but then again I'd like overdrive and I don't have it).  I did
try putting the slave push rod in the top clutch lever hole and I did like the
clutch action even though it was a little heavier. Does any one have their
clutch set up that way on a permanent basis?  Is the increased leverage too
much for the hydraulic clutch system?
    There is an extensive article on TR 6 clutch problems in the current VTR
magazine. They could probably devote a whole issue to TR 6 clutch problems.
    Last week I sneaked out into the Blue Hills outside of Boston for a first
drive of the season and magically all the aggravation I've ever had with the
car became inconsequential, it was great.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6