Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:15:56 +0000
In article <3A98440E.3911327A@home.com>, HAMILTON DOUG
<douglasehamilton@home.com> writes

>For the curious here is some Ferguson Tractor info.
>On this page there is a PDF file of a quick reference guide of Ferguson
>Tractors.
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9828/
>It shows the following info:

<snip>

>       - FE35/MF35  as using a Standard gas engine 34.5 or 36.2hp-4cyl-87mm x
>92mm 6.0 or    6.6:1 compression (1956-64)change to MF35 when they sold as
>Massey Ferguson in             1957.

Curiously enough, I picked up a handful of old motoring magazines
yesterday, because they all had Triumph articles or adverts in them.
In one, there was also a tongue-in-cheek, but very thorough, road test
of a Massey-Ferguson 35 (petrol model).   See "Autocar" - Christmas
issue (December 21st), 1960, for full details.

"The sporting lines of the '35' are emphasised by the lack of
mudguarding... The cockpit is simply laid out, doors being dispensed
with, and footboards being provided for the driver's feet... When fitted
with the optional extras shown here [loader and trailer], the Massey-
Ferguson has limitations as a touring vehicle..."

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: