tr8 hot start query

To: "TR8 List \(E-mail\)" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "'triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr8 hot start query
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:32:23 -0500 com>
O.K. all you sources of wisdom, explain this one to me.  My 1980 TR8 PI has
always been a bit hard to start hot.  Always does it, but takes 20-30
seconds of cranking.  I have just noticed it'll start right up if I step on
the brakes.  Uh-huh, that's right.  All I can think of is that stepping on
the brake actuates the valve to the manifold vacuum and manifold vacuum
drops while the brake diaphragm moves.  Any other explanations?  Would it
start even faster if hold my nose? or repeat an incantation to Lucas?

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK