RE: TR6: Achy Leaky Booster

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6: Achy Leaky Booster
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:58:13 -0500 com>
Your problem is not the booster, its the master cylinder.  The only way for
brake fuild to enter the booster is by leaking from the master.  The
function of the booster is a vacuum assist to your foot, it helps press the
master cylinder.  Leaking fluid will run into the booster.  It may be that
the booster is bad also, since its leaking fluid whereas it might oughta
just fill with it, but the first problem must be the master cylinder.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK