RE: TR6: Achy Leaky Booster

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6: Achy Leaky Booster
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:43:18 -0700

Martin, there is no liquid inside the booster (just air) so I don't think
it's leaking. The likely culprit is your brake master cylinder. You can get
new ones from the usual sources (big 3) or get a resleeved one from Apple
hydraulics or Whitepost, or rebuild yourself if you think the problem is
minor. But before you do that, confirm where the leak is actually coming
from. It could also be from the MC reservoir, sometimes these don't seal
properly (either on the bottom where they attach to the MC or the cap on top
of the reservoir). If it's the cap, when the fluid sloshes around during
driving, it seeps out the top and works its way down to the base of the
booster.

Good luck.

Peter Zaborski (CF58310 UO)