Re: storing old body panels and TR3B's name

To: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: storing old body panels and TR3B's name
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 01 07:14:35 -0800
>I just got what I feel was a good deal on a fender and
>front apron.  What should I do to store these?  I do not
>think I will be ready to use them for a few years.

My front apron hung high on the wall of my bedroom for about 5 years.  I
needed a place where it would not get dented and would be out of the way.
 I do not have a garage.  So I put a pair of nails in the wall above the
closet door (12 ft ceilings) spaced right for bolt mounting holes and
hung the apron out of the public part of the house.

After a while I toyed with the idea of hunting up a pair of wings that
were trashed  and cuting them off even with the rear of the front valence
then refinishing everything  and adding the grill, bumper and lights.

I thought maybe it would look better as the complete finished front of a
TR3 on the wall.  I even toyed with the idea of wiring up the lamps.

Finally I came to my senses and decided that the energy was better spent
getting my Triumph rebuilt to the point where I could put the apron back
on the car.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html