FW: New High Risk virus

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: FW: New High Risk virus
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:00:38 -0500
I don't usually send out notices like this, but this one is evidently very
active.  Instead of replicating itself to the first 50 names in an address
book, it will go through an entire address book.  In the university's case
it was almost 37,000 names.    If you have McAfee anti-virus software see
instructions below.    If not, check with your anti-virus software web site.

Anyway, if you see a message with the subject : Hi!  Just delete it right
away. Do not click on any attachments from unknown origins.  (A good
suggestion even when there isn't a virus threat)

Here is the link of the fix for this virus (If you have McAfee on your
system):

\\chekhov\programs\virus\sdat99272.exe

please double click on it, select "run from current location " if asked, say
"yes" to all prompts  and let it run following the instructions.
If you do not have the virus, the program will run without incident, if you
have a problem , please contact us.