RE: Long Live The TR Wedge!!!!!

To: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Long Live The TR Wedge!!!!!
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:15:42 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <TR250Driver@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <rdchambers@att.com>, "[unknown]" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Message text written by ""
>I must agree. Triumph's downfall can't be blamed on any one thing... On
the
list could be build quality, design flaws (that should have been caught
before the car hit the market), union problems, the nationalization of the
industry. The stodgy monster that was British Leyland which couldn't
capitalize on an opportunity when it was thrown in its lap. (the early 70's

gas crisis). You could also point to British jurassic management style,
poor
dealer support in a primary market (the U.S.), the marketing of "reliable"
sports cars from Japan, Ralph Nader, environmental concerns and the U.S.
Legislature which forced changes throughout the industry... Globally.
<

Don't forget to add to the list the overvalued Pound and the undervalued
Yen.

Whether you like the looks of the wedge or not is purely subjective.  As
for me
I always liked them.  And I like the TR6.  And the TR4.  And...and...well,
I like
them all.  And as an owner of three (TR3, TR6 and TR8) I must say that I
lke each
for different reasons.  Which one do I like best?  Asking that is like
asking "which
one of your children do you like best?"  There is no real answer and that
is a
question that really shouldn't be asked.

Suffice to say that inspite of faults listed above, Truimph were able to
field cars
that captured a small but loyal following.  There's at least some magic in
that.

Dave