RE: Long Live The TR Wedge!!!!!

To: "'David Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Long Live The TR Wedge!!!!!
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:22:05 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi all,

If I could I would have a TR8 at home as well.  As already stated each car
has a different reason and purpose.  The Spitsix is currently the summer
daily driver and little speed demon, the TR3a on the other hand is more
"refined" classic ride, not to be overly abused.

I like the style of the wedge, but I am of the firm believe that it was a
car before it's time with the V8 and it was bogged with the 4cyl of the TR7.
Today that car with a little refinement and body sculpting would be right up
there with the modern compact sports cars.  Those of us that have hunted the
Lucas Devil will attest, electrical problems can be overcome.  Some of the
parts can be replaced with alternatives (if that is okay with you ) to add
to the reliability, for instance alternators, ignitions switches etc.

So in the end, I would love to have, neigh, proud to have a TR8 in the
driveway.

David Templeton
Southern Ontario ( Canada ) (0defC/32degF and driveing the spit today :-) )
'74 Spitsix ( '73 GT6 Drivetrain with O/D )
'59 TR3a ( No O/D yet, almost painted )

Wanted at some time in the future:
'73 Stag, for the wife
'80 TR8