Re: Apparently I'm a "freak"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Apparently I'm a "freak"
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:38:55 -0500
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:12:37 -0500, you wrote:

>At least, that's what I was told Saturday night when I took my TR3A for a
>drive in the relatively balmy 35 degree weather.

Each year we have a cold weather top-down contest at my place of
employment.  The idea is to arrive in the morning with the hood down
on the coldest day you can tolerate.  Since commute distances differ
we require only the last 5 miles.  We have our spies about watching
for cheaters. <grin>

The reigning champion holds the record of 14 degF.  Non-participents
have suggested this person "should be locked up!"  Clearly, not
everyone in the world has a sense of humor. :-)

This year we all kicked-in for a trophy.  Since my Spitfire has always
been a strong cold weather starter I'm hoping to come into work at
some obscenely low temperature and walk off with the title.  We shall
see.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley <Mobil 1, don't fail me now!)